The 805 Writers Conference
TOOLS — SKILLS — RESOURCES
Delivering the information you need to succeed in publishing
Who Should Attend
- Are you a first-time novelist or nonfiction writer?
- Have you finished your draft and are working on rewrites?
- Are you about to publish and need to know where to go from here?
- Trying to understand how Amazon works for indie authors?
- Is your book out but needs a boost in sales?
- Are you looking for a literary agent?
- Does your book have movie or series potential?
Focus on the Craft of Writing
- How to determine your story arch
- How to craft dynamic fiction
- What makes characters come alive
- The wisdom of working with a developmental editor
- The tools
towriting publishable short stories
Focus on the Business of Writing
- Learn how to pitch your story to an agent
- Why you need a social media network prior to publishing
- Stories of self-publishing from authors who have been there
- How to generate more sales
- PLUS, two agent and producer panels.
- Books to Screen panel with agents and producers looking for new material
- Literary Agent Panel with agents looking for new clients
Speakers this year include literary agents, film and television producers, bestselling authors, professional editors, book marketers, book publicists, and more.
Attend The 805 Writers Conference
Listen to top professionals and experienced authors who can help you through the next phase of writing.
To book your hotel room for the conference weekend, please click here
If you want a more personalized experience these workshops are limited to 20 people each:
The Art of the Short Story– with renown short story author Shelly Lowenkopf
Social Media: Using Facebook and Instagram to Drive Sales– bring your laptop and learn how Mandy Jackson Beverly uses social media to widen her audience
Your Book’s Future: Great Starts and Great Reboots — with bestselling author Carolyn Howard-Johnson
The Essentials of Character– With literary agent, editor and writing instructor Toni Lopopolo. A full-day workshop limited to 20 people.
Agent 1 on 1– Ten minutes with the agent of your choice to pitch your book
Register for this years 805 Writers Conference!
Get the tools you need to be successful in your writing career.
Thank You To Our Partners
Special conference rates are available through October 15th. If you would like to book a room for your stay during the conference, please click here.
We are also offering complimentary parking validation for those guests of the conference that buy a full day ticket for either Saturday or Sunday or purchase a ticket for the whole weekend.
Countdown to The 805 Writers conference