Online registration NOW CLOSED, tickets will be available onsite for full weekend, Saturday, Sunday, workshops and all individual sessions.
The 805 Writers Conference
TOOLS — SKILLS — RESOURCES
Delivering the information you need to succeed in publishing
Who Should Attend
- Are you a first-time novelist or nonfiction writer?
- Have you finished your draft and are working on rewrites?
- Are you about to publish and need to know where to go from here?
- Trying to understand how Amazon works for indie authors?
- Is your book out but needs a boost in sales?
- Are you looking for a literary agent?
- Does your book have movie or series potential?
Focus on the Craft of Writing
- How to determine your story arch
- How to craft dynamic fiction
- What makes characters come alive
- The wisdom of working with a developmental editor
- The tools
towriting publishable short stories
Focus on the Business of Writing
- Learn how to pitch your story to an agent
- Why you need a social media network prior to publishing
- Stories of self-publishing from authors who have been there
- How to generate more sales
- PLUS, two agent and producer panels.
- Books to Screen panel with agents and producers looking for new material
- Literary Agent Panel with agents looking for new clients
Speakers this year include literary agents, film and television producers, bestselling authors, professional editors, book marketers, book publicists, and more.
Pictured above from left to right:
Top row: Carolyn McDonald, award-winning executive producer for many cable outlets; Michelle Zeitlin, literary agent who takes books to the screen; and, Jill Marr, literary agent.
Second row: Toni Lopopolo, former NY executive editor, literary agent and writing instructor; Sherry Robb, literary agent and producer; Ilene Kahn Power, former VP HBO films, Emmy and Golden Globe winner; Howard Rosenman, producer of Academy Awards and Emmy Award-winning films; and, Dana Newman, literary attorney and agent.
Third row: Carolyn Howard-Johnson, bestselling author on book marketing; Naomi Kim
Bottom row: Ivor Davis, bestselling author; Mandy Jackson-Beverly, bestselling author and social media guru; Emily Heckman, former NY executive editor and now freelance editor; Kimberly Davis Basso, author; Adanna Moriarty, web designer; and, Penny Sansevieri, bestselling author and book marketer.
These talented people have proven track records for success as bestselling authors, editors, marketers, agents, producers—all with up-to-date information to help you gain an upper hand in the world of publishing.
“I went home after my workshop and rewrote, reduced, and revised several sections of my novel.
“The 805 Writers’ Conference was an incredible value and I would definitely recommend it to new or established authors. Unfortunately, the day went by too quickly! I had an amazing experience and accomplished everything I wanted to, and then some.”
Attend The 805 Writers Conference
Listen to top professionals and experienced authors who can help you through the next phase of writing.
If you want a more personalized experience these workshops are limited to 20 people each:
The Art of the Short Story– with renown short story author Shelly Lowenkopf
Your Book’s Future: Great Starts and Great Reboots — with bestselling author Carolyn Howard-Johnson
The Essentials of Character– With literary agent, editor and writing instructor Toni Lopopolo. A full-day workshop limited to 20 people.
Agent 1 |on|1– Ten minutes with the agent of your choice to pitch your book
You may only register for the Agent 1|on|1 after you have purchased either the full weekend or full day, Saturday or Sunday passes. a Confirmation letter will be sent after purchase with instructions on how to register. Registration open October 1-20.
Special conference rates are available through October 15th. If you would like to book a room for your stay during the conference, please click here.
We are also offering complimentary parking validation for those guests of the conference that buy a full day ticket for either Saturday or Sunday or purchase a ticket for the whole weekend.
Countdown to The 805 Writers conference